Solid Bottom Creek Restoration Project

Record of Decision on Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), as the Responsible Governmental Unit for environmental review of the Solid Bottom Creek Restoration Project in Becker County, Minnesota, has issued the attached Record of Decision regarding the Need for an Environmental Impact Statement for the project.

The DNR has concluded that an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is not required because the project does not have the potential for significant environmental effects. The justification for this determination is contained in the Record of Decision.

Issuing this Record of Decision concludes the State environmental review process for this project according to the Minnesota Environmental Quality Board rules, Minnesota Rules, part 4410.1000 to 4410.1700. This project can proceed to permitting and approvals.

For additional information, or copies of the Record of Decision, please call 651-259-5082.

The Proposed Project

Solid Bottom Creek is a trout stream in Becker County that is eroding a steep hillside, contributing sediment to the stream and Elbow Lake. The DNR is proposing to move the stream away from the hillside, to reduce erosion and improve habitat conditions for brook trout and other species.

Review Period:

Public notice of the availability of this EAW is in the July 6, 2015 EQB Monitor. A 30-day public review and comment period is open from July 6, 2015 until 4:30 p.m., August 5, 2015.

Send Comments:

Written and signed comments on the EAW must be received by Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.

By mail:
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Division of Ecological and Water Resources, Box 25
Attn: Kate Frantz
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025

Send to [email protected] "Solid Bottom Creek Restoration Project EAW" must be included in the subject line. Include your name and mailing address so that you can be added to the mailing list.

By fax:
Submit signed comment letters by fax to 651-296-1811.

Please call 651-259-5082.

Back to top