The Voyageur Country All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Club (the Club) is proposing approximately 386.51 miles of roadway and natural surface trail to be included in the Voyageur Country ATV System, connecting communities in northern St. Louis County. The proposed system would include 383.97 miles of existing trails and 2.54 miles of newly proposed routes.
The Minnesota DNR has prepared an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) for the project. The EAW was published in the November 16 EQB Monitor. A 30-day public review and comment period will be open from November 16, 2020 until 4:30 p.m., December 16, 2020.
- Figure 1: Project Overview Map
- Figures 2-1 thru 2-6: Project Area Map
- Figure 2-4 Inset: Project Area Map Winchester Lake
- Figure 2-6 Inset: Fire Tower
- Figures 3-1 thru 3-6: USGS 100k Topographic Map
- Figures 4-1 thru 4-6: Hydrology Map (11M)
- Figures 5-1 thru 5-45: Soils Map (16M)
- Figures 6-1 thru 6-6: Land Cover Map (NLCD, 2016)
- Attachment A: Trail Design Typical Sections
- Attachment B: Soil Characteristics
- Attachment C: DNR Natural Heritage Information System Letter
- Attachment D: State Historic Preservation Office Letter
- Table 5.1 – Public Land Survey (Township, Range, Section, ¼)
- Table 5.2 – Tax Parcel Numbers
Deadline for comments:
The DNR is extending the comment period on the proposed project by 30 days. The extension is in accordance with Minnesota Statute 116D.04 Subd. 2a(d).
The DNR is accepting written comments on the EAW during the extended public review period through January 15, 2021 at 4:30 pm. Those who submit comments will receive a copy of the decision document, which includes responses to comments. Because all comments and related information are part of the public record for this environmental review, commenters' names and email or postal addresses will also be published and publicly available as they appear in the materials they submit.
Comments can be submitted as follows:
Electronic or email comments may be sent to [email protected] with "Voyageur ATV Project” in the subject line.
Cynthia Novak-Krebs, Project Manager
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road, Box 25
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Prior Comment Period
All written comments on the EAW must be received by Wednesday, December 16, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. People who submit comments will receive a copy of the decision document, which includes responses to comments. Because all comments and related information are part of the public record for this environmental review, commenters'''; names and email or postal addresses will also be published and publicly available as they appear in the materials they submit.