2023 grant cycle
Deadlines & dates
How to apply
The application period for No Child Left Inside 2023 grants is now closed. We are no longer accepting submissions.
- Please read the complete request for proposals before submitting an application.
- You may also wish to reference these additional resources before beginning your application:
- Determine if your project is better suited for a Mini Grant ($500-$5,000) or a Larger Grant ($5,001-$25,000). You may only apply for one grant type. Complete the correct application electronically using Adobe Acrobat Pro or the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Other PDF tools may not completely or accurately save the information you provide on the grant application.
- Download the grant application, save it to your computer and open it in Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Reader to electronically complete the application.
- Incomplete applications and those received after 2:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on Wednesday, December 7, 2022, will not be considered.
- Do not submit any additional information beyond what is requested in the application.
DNR staff will follow up with you once your application is reviewed. If you are awarded a grant, you will be notified regarding next steps in the process.
A match is required for the 2023 grant program. No minimum match is required and it can include a match of dollars or in-kind labor, materials, and services. Examples of match could include teacher time, parent volunteer hours, program costs not covered by the grant, time spent on reports and other administrative tasks associated with the grant project.
If you have a question about these grants, the application itself or any of the application materials, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Grant Questions" or call call 888-646-6367.
The DNR extends its thanks to the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for the use of "No Child Left Inside."