Benefits of PLT
- receive a ready-to-use activity guide based on the workshop just attended
- participate in a fun, creative hands-on workshop
- receive continuing education units and sometimes graduate credit
- discover hundreds of activities for all disciplines and learning styles
- network with local and state educators who share a concern for the environment
- explore their natural environment and gain confidence using outdoor classrooms
- address Minnesota academic benchmarks, FOSS, and other correlations
- get a chance to qualify for a PLT GreenWorks! service learning grant. Grants are available ONLY to educators who have completed a PLT workshop.
- learn how to think, not what to think
- explore the natural environment
- examine natural resources concepts and systems
- develop an understanding and
- appreciation of the natural world
connect with their natural environment.