June 10th, 2017
Can the 318-mile long Minnesota River State Water Trail be paddled in a single day? Absolutely, if we all work together! On June 10th, we're going to get as many people as possible to paddle every navigable river mile, from the headwaters near Big Stone Lake in Ortonville to the confluence of the Mississippi River in St. Paul. Paddlers will receive a participation boat sticker!
- For more information about events like this, check out the Minnesota State Water Trails newsletter.
Sign up now
How to participate:
Organize your paddle!
- Use this map to find an unclaimed section of the river.
- Register your paddle by sending an email to [email protected]. Include your group size, river miles you will cover, and mailing address so participants can get their sticker.
- See the official Minnesota River Water Trail maps for details on put-ins and take-outs.
Sign up soon! So far 143 out of 318 unique river miles have been pledged to be paddled.
- Colored segments show river stretches not claimed.
- Blue pins are the group paddle locations.
- The legend button is in the upper left corner of the map.