Increase the numbers of large brown trout (>16 inches) by improving stream conditions on 2,700 ft of stream. Reduce stream sediment load from reduced bank erosion and improved stream channel geomorphology.
This project included -
- Slope 2,654 ft of stream banks...some originally 10 ft high
- Install 2,137 ft of rip rap along stream banks
- Install 391' of overhead cover (lunkers and skyhooks)
- Install three rock weirs
- Install two rock deflectors
- Install 69 cover rocks
- Remove 42 box elder trees
- Mulch and seed with native vegetation
- Maintain 3,000 ft of access roads
- Planted 21 trees (silver maple, green ash, river birch)
Title. This slideshow requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.