Lanesboro area fisheries staff perform management, habitat and oversight work for 170 miles of bass/warm-water rivers and 600 miles of trout streams in Fillmore, Houston, Winona and portions of Olmsted and Wabasha counties.
These waters include popular fishing destinations such as the Root River, Trout Run Creek and Whitewater River.
Where to find us23785 Grosbeak Road
Lanesboro, MN 55949
- News & notices
Ice is never 100% safe
Stay off the ice until there are 4 inches of new, clear ice. Even then, take safety precautions. Ice thickness and quality can vary in the same area.
You can ice fish
Target the fish you want to catch this winter with the information, tips and techniques on our learn to ice fish page.
- Where to Fish
- Accessible Trout Streams
- Fisheries Management
- Fisheries Long-Term Monitoring Program
- Fisheries Habitat Improvement
- Fisheries Research (updated December 12, 2016)
- State Park and Town Special Regulations Maps
- South Branch Root River - Preston
- South Branch Root River - Lanesboro
- Mill Creek - Chatfield
- Spring Valley Creek - Spring Valley
- Middle Branch Whitewater River, Trout Run Creek - Whitewater State Park
- Forestville Creek, Canfield Creek and South Branch Root River - Forestville State Park
- East Beaver Creek - Beaver Creek Valley State Park
- Stream Conditions
- Southeast Minnesota Trout Stream Maps
- Long-Range Plan for Trout Stream Resource Management in Southeast Minnesota 2010-2015 and Progress Report
- South Branch Whitewater River Fish Kill Report 2015 47 MB
- Driftless Trout Resource Management 2018 presentation 13 MB
- Talk with us
Slide text left for phones & emails
Melissa Wagner Area supervisor 507-765-7061 [email protected] Jim Melander Habitat construction supervisor 507-765-7064 [email protected] Vaughn Snook Assistant area supervisor 507-765-7062 [email protected] Jennifer Stensgard Office administrative specialist 507-765-7060 [email protected] Jason Roloff Fisheries specialist 507-765-7065 [email protected] Thomas Devine Fisheries specialist 507-765-7068 [email protected] Travis Viker Fisheries technician 507-765-7063 [email protected]