Some quick facts about March 12th maximum temperatures in the Twin Cities:
- The Twin Cities database contains 142 years of temperature data for March 12th (1873-2014).
- The record maximum temperature for March 12th is 69 degrees, set in 1990.
- The normal maximum temperature for March 12th is 39 degrees.
- The maximum temperature on March 12th has reached 60 degrees or greater five times previously (4% of all years).
- The average occurrence of the first 60 degree temperature in the Twin Cities is March 29th.
- The maximum temperature has reached 70 degrees on or earlier than March 12th in the Twin Cities only three times: 72 degrees on March 5, 2000, 73 degrees on March 7, 1987, and 73 degrees on March 7, 2000.
- The average occurrence of the first 70 degree temperature in the Twin Cities is April 13th.
- The coldest maximum temperature on March 12 was 11 degrees in 1956. The minimum temperature that day was -8 degrees, also a record.
Last modified: March 12, 2015 (10:00 AM)
For more information contact: [email protected]