Public lands: owned by you, managed by DNR
Visitors explore the many ways public lands and Minnesota’s natural resources are important to us, featuring interactive nature and outdoor exhibits, live animals and a variety of music and entertainment – all free!
Things to do at the State Fair DNR Park:
- learn about your public lands
- climb on huge boulders
- take your photo in a giant hiking boot
- fight off invasive species on a big touch screen
- buy a hunting or fishing license
- visit a camper cabin
- climb a fire tower
- visit an outdoor fish pond
- buy moose stuff
- ask DNR staff questions
- learn about ATVs, fishing, hunting, wildlife, invasive species, outdoor recreation, plants or habitats
- listen to music
- watch a bird show or nature presentation
- bring home helpful free things
Make new memories in 2018 - we look forward to your visit!
New in 2018
Stroll through the Legacy Amendment 10-Year Anniversary exhibit. Take your photo in front of an artsy Minnesota background, gaze at a metal tree sculpture and kids draw their own park.
Visitors can enjoy a variety of foot tapping bands and engaging nature presentations on our two stages. Take a look at our fun schedule.
Watch over 40 species of native fish in our giant pond or view them underwater via a live webcam. All fish can be found in Minnesota’s public waters.