The Minnesota DNR's building and surrounding grounds at the Minnesota State Fair will feature new musicians, presentations and activities in addition to popular attractions from previous years.
New in 2023
- Trivia, games and performances
- Sing-alongs with Smokey Bear
- Presentations on pollinators, native Minnesota wildlife and raptors
- Information on careers in Parks and Trails and wildland firefighting
- A Nature Store in the Minnesota State Parks and Trails Center
- An augmented reality sandbox for kids
- And more!
- Outdoor fish pond
- Fish pond talks (9:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.)
- Information booth to ask Minnesota DNR staff questions
- Minnesota DNR fire tower (9 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Outdoor recreation opportunities
- Live music
- Nature presentations
- Interactive partner displays and booths
- Giant Lake Superior Agate
- Giant hiking boot
- Giant butterfly wings
Check out a video of fun things to do at the Minnesota DNR's building and grounds.
Find us at the fair
The Minnesota DNR's iconic State Fair log building opened in 1934 and its park-like location provides fairgoers with a unique opportunity to experience the outdoors among State Fair carnival rides and food stands. The building and grounds are located at the corner of Carnes Avenue and Nelson Street in Falcon Heights. The building is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily during the fair.
Facebook live stream sessions
Some educational sessions will be live streamed to the Minnesota DNR Facebook page from our outdoor stage.
2023 live stream recordings:
- Stocking the DNR Fish Pond
- Parks and Trails Trivia
- Wildland Fire Careers
- Land Surveys in Action
- Mississippi Speed Record
- The Raptor Center
- What's the Buzz about Pollinators?
- Animals of the Mississippi | Friday, Sept. 1 at 1 p.m.
- Naturalist Abbey Holden with the Carpenter St. Croix Valley Nature Center will share information about the amazing animals that call Minnesota home, including what it means to be an amphibian, what native reptiles do in the winter, and more.