2023 Minnesota State Fair is August 24-September 4. We are planning many interesting things for you! Updates coming this summer, check back later.
Find the DNR at the fair
Connecting people to the outdoors
Learn all about ways you can get outdoors and visit state parks, state forests and more. Plus, we will have interactive nature and outdoor exhibits, live animals and a variety of music and entertainment – all free! Check out our 2022 list of events or events calendar for more information.
Here are some of the fun things to do at the State Fair DNR Park:
- visit an outdoor fish pond
- ask DNR staff questions
- talk with Parks and Trails staff and naturalists at the Minnesota State Parks and Trails Center
- Minnesota State Parks and Trails Center: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Park Naturalists: 10:00 am.- 4:00 p.m.
- learn about outdoor recreation opportunities
- listen to a fish pond talk
- Morning pond talks: 9:45, 10:45 and 11:45 a.m.
- Afternoon pond talks: 12:45, 1:45, 2:45 and 3:45 p.m.
- Check out our on-demand fish pond talk
- listen to live music
- watch a nature presentation
- View a video of some of the above activities at the fair
Facebook live stream sessions
Some educational sessions will be live streamed to Facebook from our outdoor stage. You can watch recordings of the Facebook Live events by clicking on the links below:
Land Surveys in Action
Monday, Aug. 29 | 1 p.m.
Hear from surveyors on how they use GIS and other information to identify where new boundaries need to be drawn and where there might be trespass problems.
Minnesota Outdoor Skills and Stewardship
Tuesday, Aug. 30 | 1 p.m.
Fish and Wildlife staff will share what techniques they use to master the art of fishing! We will try to answer any questions you have in-person or online, so don't be afraid to ask (the fish might bite, but we won't).
Wednesday, Aug. 31 | 10 a.m.
Our DNR staff will walk you through a pollinator garden in this Facebook Live-only event to identify some common Minnesota wildflowers, and teach you about prairies and how to manage them.
Minnesota's Severe Weather
Wednesday, Aug. 31 | 1 p.m.
The state of Minnesota's climatology experts will host an hour of conversation on severe weather — then and now. The event will be open to in-person and Facebook Live audience member participation.
Ask the Bug Nerds
Friday, Sept. 2 | 1 p.m
Wondering what kind of insects are living in your garden? Anything new to Minnesota we can be watching for? Maybe have a six-legged friend you would like to identify? Join us for a Facebook Live Q&A with the "Bug Nerds," entomologists from the Minnesota Departments of Natural Resources and Agriculture.