Non-resident Minnow Hauler License

A non-resident minnow hauler license is required for a non-resident to transport minnows (purchased from a licensed minnow dealer) out of the state. Leeches are considered and defined as minnows. Non-resident minnow haulers are required to have one licensed non-resident minnow hauler vehicle.



$700 – Non-resident Minnow Hauler license

$15 – Non-resident Minnow Hauler Vehicle License


Request an Application

Click here to request a license application.


License Renewal Information

License renewal packets will be mailed out to all current exporting minnow dealer licensees in January. You can renew your license by completing and returning the enclosed license application.


Helpful Links

Minnow Statutes

Minnow Rules

Invasive species information

Fish Health Information


Questions? Contact us!

Sean Sisler, Acting Aquaculture/Fish Health Consultant

Back to top