Announcing Fall 2020 release of the new online TOPS (Timber Operator and Purchaser System).
The new online system will make the registration process easier and more efficient for purchasers and operators of state timber sales.
Features will include:
- Online account to submit new or renewed annual purchaser registration
- Retention of information required for insurance coverage
- Lists of: site supervisors, Log-Safe trainees, signature and bid authorities, consumer scale agreements, and operators on permits
- Ability to review timber permit information: permit status, invoicing information, and payment confirmations
- Out-of-compliance notifications
- Streamlined communication with DNR forestry staff
TOPS won't process online auctions or financial transactions. Once the system is up and running, enhancements will be considered to improve customer experience. Paper registration forms will continue to be available for those who prefer them.
TOPS instruction will be offered during the spring MLEP (Minnesota Logger Education Program) training. Loggers will be able to preview the new system, ask questions about user functions and learn how to set up an account.
If you have questions or ideas for functionality, please contact your ACLT (Associated Contract Loggers and Truckers) or TPA (Timber Producers Association) representative. They will address issues with the DNR during upcoming stakeholder meetings.