Having a Woodland Stewardship Plan is a great step to keeping your woods healthy. When your plan is registered with the DNR, you can enroll in one of Minnesota's property tax and incentive payment programs (2c Managed Forest Land and Sustainable Forest Incentive Act). Plans must be updated and registered every 10 years to stay within the program you enrolled in.
Only DNR-approved forestry professionals can write Woodland Stewardship Plans that make you eligible to enroll your land into the state's property tax or incentive payment program. Everyone on the map below is approved to write a Minnesota Woodland Stewardship Plan.
To view plan writers by county, click on the searchable table tab and type your county in the search box.
- Searchable table
More information about the map
Who is on the map? The map includes public and private sector natural resource professionals approved to write Woodland Stewardship Plans in Minnesota. This data is maintained by the Sustainable Forests Education Co-operative (SFEC).
When will the map be updated? Quarterly. We expect to make updates on or about the first of January, April, July, and October each year.
Tips for using the map:
- If there are overlapping pins, click on one of the pins; this will select them all. You can then scroll through the multiple selections by clicking on the arrow in the upper right corner of the pop-up.
- The pin indicates the mailing address of the plan writer, not the county in which the writer works. Many plan writers work in multiple counties.
- In some versions of Chrome, you may not be able to get plan writer results when you click on a pin. Instead, use the searchable table or different web browsers, such as Edge, Firefox, or Safari.
Search for plan writer using the searchable table.
- Use the Search box to filter your search by entering the type, contact name, or county, and hit "enter."
- You can sort the table by clicking on the up and down arrows at the end of each column.
About the data
This map is not recommended for the sole use of navigation and its accuracy is not guaranteed - terms and conditions of use.