- Active rulemaking
Whitefish and ciscoes seasons and netting
Rule changes for netting whitefish and ciscoes
This rule is about seasons and lakes where whitefish and ciscoes can be netted.
Status: The proposed rule changes will likely affect or interest whitefish and cisco recreational netters and anglers. The proposed rules will modify the seasons and lakes associated with whitefish and cisco netting. Comments are being accepted through Friday, May 26, 2023. The DNR is using an expedited rulemaking procedure to make these changes permanent as soon as possible.
- Completed rulemaking
Restrictions on designated trout streams
This rule corrects restrictions on designated trout streams.
Status: Administrative Law Judge Case approved this rule as to legality on March 9, 2020, and the rule was filed with the Office of Secretary of State on March 23, 2020. DNR is publishing a notice of adoption in the State Register on April 13, 2020. These rule amendments are effective as of April 13, 2020, the publication date for the notice of adoption.
Taking fish on Minnesota-Wisconsin boundary waters
This rule ensures consistent regulations for all anglers on Minnesota waters that border Wisconsin.
Status: This rulemaking is completed. Administrative Law Judge Schlatter approved this rule as to legality on Feb. 4 and the rule was filed with the Office of Secretary of State on Feb. 11. DNR published a notice of adoption in the State Register on 2/24/2020. These rule amendments are effective as of 2/24/2020, the publication date for the notice of adoption.
Sign up to receive notices by email for changes in rules or management plans for various fish species.
Email addresses in the department lists below are private data.
- Aquatic Plant Management (APM) Fee Rules
- Bass rules and management
- Border Water rules and management
- Catfish rules and management
- Commercial Fishing
- Commercial Minnow Activities
- Fishing Contests
- Lake Superior rules and management
- Muskie and Northern Pike rules and management
- Spearing /bowfishing rules
- Sport fishing rules
- Sturgeon rules and management
- Sunfish/Perch/Crappie rules and management
- Trout rules and management
- Underutilized/Rough fish rules and management
- Walleye rules and management