Read our latest boating guide and find information on boating rules, regulations and fees.
- Boating Guide
- Personal watercraft laws for Minnesota
- Inland waterway markers
- Local surface use regulations
- Initiating local surface use zoning
- Boating education
- St. Croix River No Wake Zone
- Watercraft registration & fees
- Temporary structures, docks and buoys
- Required permits (for temporary structures and other water- and lakeshore-related work)
- Summary of Boating Statute and Rule Changes Effective in 2014 to 2015
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. E-mail the DNR Information Center at [email protected] or call at (651) 296-6157 or (888) MINNDNR.
This document contains a synopsis of the boating/watercraft rules. For complete laws and regulations, consult Minnesota Statutes and Rules of the DNR.