- Youth ages 12 and older are eligible for certification
- Youth ages 12-15 are required to complete and pass a Firearm Safety Training Class to hunt big game with a bow or firearm.
- Any person who wishes to bow hunt in the following states is required to have a Bow Hunter Education Certificate: Alaska, Connecticut, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, South Dakota and Vermont. Canadian Provinces include New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Quebec. If you are planning an out-state hunt, please check that state’s requirements well in advance of your trip.
- Check currently scheduled classes listed below. Bow hunter education classes are conducted periodically throughout the year. Please check this page periodically for upcoming class listings.
- Check your local newspaper
- On-Line Bow Hunter Education Course
- $5 - $10 fee is collected by the Instructor. Checks made payable to the DNR.
The Bow Hunter Education Program covers bow hunting techniques, equipment, bow hunting safety and hunter responsibility.
For general information on bow hunter education call (888) 646-6367 or (800) 366-8917.
Purchase a duplicate firearms safety certificate online or wherever hunting and fishing licenses are sold.
To view detailed information about a class or field day, click on its title.Scroll table right to see more »
|07/19/20||CAMP ~ Bowhunter Education Classroom Class||Palisade||Aitkin|
|08/01/20||Bowhunter Education Classroom Class||Andover||Anoka|
|08/02/20||CAMP ~ Bowhunter Education Classroom Class||Maple Plain||Hennepin|
There are organizations that include the DNR Firearms Safety Training class as part of an event or membership package they offer. The fee for the DNR firearms safety training is set at $7.50, with an option for the instructor group to charge an additional $7.50. However, these other programs have additional costs which are set by the providing organization.