Permit answer

No, I do not plan to use an herbicide or an automated aquatic plant control device.

A permit is not required if you are planning to cut or pull submerged aquatic vegetation in an area 2500 square feet or less, and the area will extend along no more than 50 feet of shoreline or 1/2 your frontage (whichever is less). This area may include a channel 15 feet wide to open water.


A permit is required if the area is larger than allowed without a permit. Apply for a permit or contact your regional fisheries office. if you require a paper application permit.


Submerged vegetation photoSubmerged vegetation photo

Examples of submerged vegetation.

Back to start