Payment options

Self-payment envelopes no longer accepted


To improve security and reduce risk of theft, we no longer accept any self-payment envelopes on site in Minnesota state parks, state recreation areas or state forest campgrounds. 


Yodel logoYodel allows visitors to purchase firewood or one-day vehicle permits in state parks, and pay state forest camping fees.

New in 2024, Yodel is accessible through a web-based portal. Whether you use the portal or the mobile app, you will need to create an account the first time you use Yodel.

Year-round vehicle permits are not available in Yodel. We recommend you buy your year-round permit before arriving at the park, as you will need to purchase one online if the park office is closed. 

Guide to payment options in different locations

State parks and recreation areas

Vehicle permits: One-day and year-round vehicle permits are available at park offices when they are open. If the office is closed, a QR sign nearby will direct you to purchase your permit online. Cell signal and WiFi access vary from park to park - we strongly recommend you buy your permit before you leave home! One-day vehicle permits are also available through Yodel. 

Firewood: Firewood is available for sale at most parks. (Check the park's "Amenities" web page to be sure.) Not all parks sell firewood - if you need to bring firewood in from outside the park, please follow DNR guidelines on firewood. Only certain firewood is allowed on DNR lands to avoid transmitting invasive pests.

If a park sells firewood but the office is closed, you can use Yodel on a smartphone to make your purchase. Select "MN State Park Firewood" and proceed with payment.

Ice: Ice is available in the summer at many park offices when they are open. (Check the park's "Amenities" web page to be sure.) Ice is not sold online or via Yodel. If the office is closed, you will need to bring ice from home or purchase it outside the park. 

Overnight reservations: Camping and lodging reservations are required for all overnight stays, year-round. You can make an online reservation the same day as your arrival, or up to 120 days in advance. Reservations can also be made via the call center at 866-857-2757. Reservations are not available through Yodel. 

Campgrounds in state forests

State forest campgrounds do not require state park vehicle permits and do not sell firewood or ice. 

State forest campgrounds do not take reservations - all sites are first-come, first-served. Use Yodel to pay your campsite fee, or follow the instructions on signs in the campground to mail in your fee after your stay.

Back to top