Phased reopening of overnight facilities begins June 1
Check the schedule. Click through to a location's Visitor Alert to see details on specific sites and services.
Remote campsites offer an experience like no other. Kayak out to a site, hike in with a cart, or hop on your bike and pedal in with your tent. Remote campsites are inaccessible by motor vehicle, but they are a terrific option for those looking to backpack-in, hike-in, bike-in, or canoe-in. They typically have water, a picnic table, tent pad, fire ring, and primitive toilets, and they do not have electricity.
- Regular Season: $16 - $24 per night
- Off-Season: $14 - $18 per night
- Regular Season is typically late spring to mid-fall.
- Off-Season dates vary by park. Check with park for details.
- Check-in: 4 p.m. (sites may be available earlier)
- Check-out: 4 p.m.
- Bathrooms: Water and primitive toilet facilities.
- Capacity: Up to six people, one tent per site.
- Cooking: All sites have a picnic table and fire ring with grill for cooking.
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota allows only approved firewood on DNR lands.
- Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash of not more than six feet and personally attended at all times.
- Quiet Hours: From 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Make a Reservation
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m.
A non-refundable reservation fee ($10.00 for call center/$7.00 for web) is charged for each advance reservation. There is no reservation fee for same-day campsite reservations. The reservation fee (if applicable) and camping fees for the entire length of stay must be paid when the reservation is made.