Find paved, unpaved, and single track trails in Minnesota!
With hundreds of miles of paved bike paths, over a thousand miles of natural surface trails, and a world class mountain biking park, Minnesota's bike trails provide an enjoyable ride for all. Take advantage of Minnesota's wide variety of trails!
- For kid-friendly paved trails with a gentle grade, try a state trail that follows an old railroad. See examples in the list below!
- Use ParkFinder to search for a bike trail in a state park!
- Get your heart pumping with specially designed singletrack at the Cuyuna mountain bike system.
- Learn the basics with free gear rentals at an I Can Mountain Bike! Program!
- More information, biking safety, and tips for biking all year long.
- Use this list of all Minnesota state trails to find even more biking options!
- Curious about fat biking in state parks? Learn more here!
Make a weekend of it! Rent a campsite or cabin and get the full experience.
Purchase a vehicle permit today and get a year of unlimited visits to all of Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas!
A few suggested trails:
Central Lakes State Trail - 55 paved miles
Cuyuna Lakes State Trail - 6 paved miles, 25 singletrack miles
Gateway State Trail - 18 paved miles, 10 parallel unpaved miles
Gitchi-Gami State Trail - 25 paved miles (not continuous)
Harmony-Preston Valley State Trail - 18 paved miles
Luce Line State Trail - 63 miles, mostly packed limestone
Minnesota Valley State Recreation Area - 6 paved miles, 36 unpaved miles
Paul Bunyan State Trail - 112 paved miles
Root River State Trail - 42 paved miles
Sakatah Singing Hills State Trail - 39 paved miles, 10 parallel unpaved miles