Picnics and parks go hand in hand! Here are just a few of the benefits of sharing a special meal outdoors with friends and family:
- Everything tastes better outside.
- Supplement vitamin D naturally by picnicking in the sun.
- Entertain without cleaning your house—before and after the party!
- Cheap romantic date.
- Unlike some restaurants, no dress codes.
- Pick your own view and your own distractions.
- Unplug from technology.
- Play yard games before, during, or after your meal.
- Being outdoors is a natural stress reliever.
When you live in Minnesota, picnicking isn't just for summer! Here are some helpful tips.
- Planning a Winter Picnic, Kurt Mead, Interpretive Naturalist at Tettegouche State Park
- 10 Tips to a Perfect Picnic, Kelsey Olson, Interpretive Naturalist at Sibley State Park
- 10 Great Places for a Picnic, Jeremy Darst, Interpretive Naturalist at Whitewater State Park
- Campfire Cooking, Diane Hedin, Interpretive Naturalist at William O’Brien State Park
- Games to Play on Your Picnic, Megan Johnsen, Interpretive Naturalist at St. Croix State Park
- Picnicking by Bike, John Fylpaa, Interpretive Naturalist at Lake Bemidji State Park