Call the park directly to make a reservation: 507-312-2302. The group center cannot be reserved through the Minnesota state park reservation system.
The group center is situated on the banks of the Whitewater River in the southwest area of the park, surrounded by 200-foot pine-covered dolomite cliffs. It is open year-round, with a maximum overnight capacity of 132 people.
- Lodge: This building includes a commercial kitchen and dining hall with a fireplace and rustic tables and benches for up to 150 people.
- Cabins: There are eight cabins, all with heat and electricity.
- Seven cabins each sleep 18. Each cabin has two rooms with four bunkbeds and one room with two single beds.
- One cabin sleeps seven. This cabin is a counselor’s cabin/infirmary with three rooms and a total of seven single beds. This cabin also has a sink and toilet during peak season.
- Bathroom/showers: The restroom building has separate bathroom and shower rooms for men and women.
- Other features: Fire ring, picnic tables.
- $5 per person per night OR the minimum per night charge, whichever is greater. Tax is additional.
- Minimum per night charge:
- April 16 – October 14: $360 minimum charge, including utilities.
- October 15 – April 15: $130 minimum charge, not including utilities.
- Utilities are included, but tax is additional.
- April 16 – October 14: $216.
- October 15 – April 15: $100.
The lodge building has an accessible entrance and accessible bathroom. Three of the cabins are accessible. The bathroom and shower building has an accessible entrance. For more information about accessibility, please contact the park.
The large kitchen offers:
- Plates, cups, bowls and eating utensils
- Pots, pans, and kitchen utensils
- Coffee pot and toaster
- Commercial stove with two ovens
- Six burners and a griddle
- Walk-in cooler, freezer and refrigerator
- Commercial dishwasher (detergent provided)
- Stainless steel work/serving tables
- Storage room
- Half bath
- Brooms, dustpans, mops, and buckets
- Trash bags
Remember to bring
- Sleeping bags or other bedding
- Cookware, outdoor grill
- Dish and hand soap, towels, dish cloths, sponges, etc.
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Toilet bowl cleaner and brushes
- Non-abrasive cleaner
- Wood floor cleaner (The mops provided are the large rag type. If your wood floor cleaner recommends a different type of mop, you may bring them. Water damages wood floors.)
Arrival and departure
Check-in: Between 1 and 3 p.m.
Contact the park well in advance to arrange late check-in if you will be arriving after 3 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Each group is responsible for cleaning the camp before checkout.
Park staff will inspect that everything is clean at 10 a.m. on checkout day. This process takes approximately one hour. Make sure everything is clean and personal items have been removed from the buildings before 10 a.m. A cleaning checklist is included in your reservation packet information and posted on the kitchen bulletin board.
With an additional day use charge, you may arrange different check-in and checkout times, if the camp is available.
|IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY CALL 911|