Coming to the park? Know the "key three":
- Plan ahead. Buy your vehicle permit in advance to minimize person-to-person contact. Record your confirmation number and place it on your car's dashboard. If you'll be skiing on groomed trails, buy your ski pass in advance too.
- Arrive prepared. Buildings and warming shelters may not be open. Dress appropriately for the weather, and bring extra supplies with you.
- Follow the rules. Continue to follow all COVID-related guidance listed in the Outdoor Recreation Guidelines. Pay attention to signs, stay home if you feel sick, try to recreate only with members of your immediate household, and practice social distancing--even outdoors.
Yes, you can camp in winter! Here's how:
- Check the Events listing on this page for some great programs that will teach you how to stay warm and have fun while winter camping.
- Find state parks that are open all year for winter camping adventures.
- Read Minnesota Conservation Volunteer's helpful article on family camping come winter.
Winter tent camping not your cup of tea? Many Minnesota state parks have cozy, convenient lodging opportunities that are sure to please, so you can still get out and enjoy winter activities in a park without having to pitch a tent in the snow or build a quinzee.
Events CalendarScroll table right to see more »
There are currently no event listings.
Please note: Occasionally, due to extreme weather or poor snow conditions, an event may need to be canceled or changed. When in doubt, call the park.