Coming to the park? Know the "key three:"
- Arrive prepared. Buy your vehicle permit, check current visitor alerts and download maps in advance of your trip. Services and facilities may be limited, so bring everything you might need.
- Play it safe. Give full attention to your surroundings. Know your personal limits and don't take unnecessary risks.
- Follow the rules. Continue to follow all COVID-related guidance, and practice social distancing -- even outdoors. Help keep parks and trails pristine by staying on trails and disposing of trash properly.
Yes, you can camp in winter! Here's how:
- Check the Events listing on this page for some great programs that will teach you how to stay warm and have fun while winter camping.
- Find state parks that are open all year for winter camping adventures.
- Read Minnesota Conservation Volunteer's helpful article on family camping come winter.
Winter tent camping not your cup of tea? Many Minnesota state parks have cozy, convenient lodging opportunities that are sure to please, so you can still get out and enjoy winter activities in a park without having to pitch a tent in the snow or build a quinzee.
Events CalendarScroll table right to see more »
There are currently no event listings.
Please note: Occasionally, due to extreme weather or poor snow conditions, an event may need to be canceled or changed. When in doubt, call the park.