Coming to the park? Know the "Key 3:"
- Plan to be flexible. Explore new destinations and consider mid-week travel. Parks are busy as more people get outdoors, so we encourage you to discover a new favorite this summer!
- Arrive prepared. Buy your vehicle permit, check visitor alerts and campfire restrictions, and download maps before your trip.
- Recreate responsibly. Help conserve these special places for the future by staying on trails and leaving no trace.
Yes, you can camp in winter! Here's how:
- Check the Events listing on this page for some great programs that will teach you how to stay warm and have fun while winter camping.
- Find state parks that are open all year for winter camping adventures.
- Read Minnesota Conservation Volunteer's helpful article on family camping come winter.
Winter tent camping not your cup of tea? Many Minnesota state parks have cozy, convenient lodging opportunities that are sure to please, so you can still get out and enjoy winter activities in a park without having to pitch a tent in the snow or build a quinzee.
Events CalendarScroll table right to see more »
There are currently no event listings.
Please note: Occasionally, due to extreme weather or poor snow conditions, an event may need to be canceled or changed. When in doubt, call the park.