2019 Training Dates
September 16, 2019 (Monday)
- 8:45 am – 4 pm, Washington County Cottage Grove Offices, Basic Floodplain and Shoreland Management Training
September 23, 2019 (Monday), Morrison County Offices, Little Falls
- 8:45 a.m.–4 p.m., Basic Floodplain and Shoreland Management Training
- 1 – 4 p.m., HEC-RAS training; Contact Rita Weaver at 651-259-5802 ([email protected]) for more details and to RSVP for this workshop
September 24, 2019 (Tuesday)
- 8:45 a.m. –4 p.m., Pope County Courthouse, Glenwood; Basic Floodplain and Shoreland Management Training
October 3, 2019 (Thursday), Clay County Courthouse, Moorhead
- 8:45 a.m.–4 p.m., Floodplain Training - Basic and Advanced topics
- 12:30–2:30 p.m., New Map FAQs for Local Officials & Professionals (surveyors, consulting engineers/planners, realtors, lenders, etc.)
Note: The New Map FAQs is targeted at Norman County, but others are welcome to attend.
Questions and RSVP
Contact Ceil Strauss, [email protected], 651-259-5713 for more details on topics to be covered or to RSVP for a training.
Minnesota Association of Floodplain Managers (MnAFPM) Annual Conference
The annual conference is in Marshall, Minnesota. Additional information available from the Minnesota Association of Floodplain Managers.
- November 13, 2019: workshop and tour
- November 14, 2019: conference
- November 15, 2019: CFM exam offered
Water Talk Newsletter
The Water Talk Newsletter is published quarterly and features updates on program news, funding, projects, events, and learning resources for local governments and others involved in floodplain and shoreland management.
- September 2019
- June 2019
- Winter 2019
- Summer 2018
- Spring 2018
- Winter 2017
- Fall 2017
- Summer 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- November 2015
- May 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- July 2014
- March 2014
FEMA Information for Property Owners - extensive list of useful links for property owners related to insurance claims, filing claims, LOMAs, and items related to reducing risk.