Environmental Education (EE) in the classroom
EE in the classroom applies the principles of EE to science, language arts, math, arts, etc.
Suggestions for teaching Environmental Education (EE) in the classroom
As with any activity, preparation is the key to success. Spend some time planning out your EE activities. Consider the following as a place to start.
- Create an environmental corner in your classroom
- Get a class pet
- Create a wildlife feeding station outside your window
- Display work from outdoor projects
- Create a solar observation area
- Set up a recycling station
- Set up a nature reading area
- Use the ceiling
- Use the floor
- Use the airwaves
- Field Desk
How to integrate Environmental Activities Into Your Curriculum?
Project Learning Tree, Project WILD, and Project WET contain several activities perfect for the classroom that address Minnesota Academic standards in language arts, math, science, and social studies. To get the activity guides, which together contain 100s of great activities, you must attend a workshop.