Activities you can download and use in the classroom.
- Geology, soil, mining
- Teachers' Guide to Arbor Month
- Field trip ideas
- Nature in the Classroom
- How to Teach Outside
- Junior Park Naturalist program
- Minnesota Conservation Volunteer Magazine Young Naturalist articles with teachers guide
- Tips for keeping classroom animals and new ways to engage your students
- Minnesota Master Naturalist Explorers Program Journals - Three journals, focusing on the fall, winter, and spring seasons. Each journal contains data sheets, pages to record nature observations, and short activities.
Teach subjects using the environment
DNR sources for environmental education curriculum & activity guides training.
Listing of DNR posters, learning kits, activities, curricula, etc., (many available for free).
- Search the SEEK Web site
(SEEK = Sharing Environmental Education Knowledge)
- DNR natural resources education events calendar
- SEEK calendar
Check for teacher workshops and environmental education events sponsored by organizations throughout Minnesota.