- Managing Ash for Emerald Ash Borer in Community Forests Grant—We invite Minnesota communities to apply for grant funds to reduce the impact emerald ash borer (EAB) on community forests. Projects should help communities manage and protect ash or reduce the loss of tree canopy caused by EAB.
- Improving Community Forests Through Citizen Engagement—Grants to Inventory and Develop Management Plans to Diversify, Maintain, and Monitor Community Forests
- Engaging Citizens to Improve our Great Lakes Watershed through Strategic Community Forestry Efforts —DNR, the University of Minnesota, along with the cities of Grand Marais, Silver Bay, and Hermantown, were awarded funds provide training to, and utilize, community volunteers to plant and maintain urban trees in order to manage and reduce stormwater runoff.
Fire protection programs
- Volunteer Fire Assistance Matching Grant Program
- Wildland Equipment for Rural Fire Departments Program