The application system will open on Aug. 1, 2023, for round one of Traditional CPL, Metro CPL, and New Applicant CPL, and will close at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 19, 2023. Please review updated request for proposals and full funding schedule and best practices for CPL applicants prior to submitting your application.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations and government entities that have not received CPL or OHF funds previously
- Projects must occur on public lands or waters or lands protected by a permanent conservation easement
- Competitive grants evaluated with the CPL Evaluation Criteria Table
- Grants from $5,000-$500,000 with a 10% non-state match requirement and a total project cost cap of $1,000,000.
- Projects that protect, restore or enhance forests, wetlands, prairies & habitat for fish, game and wildlife in Minnesota
- Protection projects include fee title and permanent conservation easement acquisitions
- Land acquired in fee must be open to all seasons of hunting and fishing
- First round of funding.
See the How to Apply Tab for:
- In-kind Information and Rates for Project Match
- Example Partner Commitment Letter
- CPL Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
- CPL grant cycle comparison chart
* A signed Land Manager Review and Approval Form is a required attachment for all applications. The Public Waters Project Form must also be completed and attached if any work will involve public waters.