The application system will open on Aug. 1, 2023, for round one of Expedited CPL, and will close at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 11, 2023. Please review updated request for proposals and full funding schedule and best practices for CPL applicants prior to submitting your application.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations and government entities
- Projects must occur on public lands or waters
- Non-competitive grants from $5,000-$50,000 with a 10% non-state match requirement and a total project cost cap of $575,000
- Eligible projects that restore or enhance forests, wetlands, prairies & habitat for fish, game and wildlife in Minnesota (no acquisitions)
- Continuous grant cycle - grant awards made every other month until all funds are awarded (up to 5 rounds).
See the How to Apply Tab for:
- In-kind Information and Rates for Project Match
- Example Partner Commitment Letter
- CPL Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
- CPL grant cycle comparison chart
* A signed Land Manager Review and Approval Form is a required attachment for all applications. The Public Waters Project Form must also be completed and attached if any work will involve public waters.