The application system has closed for the first round of Metro grants. These applications are now under review. Please review the RFP and complete funding schedule for requirements and closing dates for all potential grant rounds.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations and government entities
- Projects must occur on public lands or waters or lands protected by a permanent conservation easement
- Projects must occur within the 7 county metro area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott or Washington counties) or within the city limits of Duluth, Rochester or St. Cloud
- Competitive grants evaluated with the CPL Evaluation Criteria Table
- Grants from $5,000-$400,000 with a 10% non-state match requirement and a total project cost cap of $575,000
- Projects that protect, restore or enhance forests, wetlands, prairies & habitat for fish, game and wildlife in Minnesota
- Protection projects include fee title and permanent conservation easement acquisitions
- Land acquired in fee must be open to all seasons of hunting and fishing
- Up to 2 rounds of funding (if funding remains from the 1st round).
See the How to Apply Tab for:
- In-kind Information and Rates for Project Match
- Example Partner Commitment Letter
- CPL Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
- CPL grant cycle comparison chart
*A signed Land Manager Review and Approval Form is a required attachment for all applications. The Public Waters Project Form must also be completed and attached if any work will involve public waters.