The application for fiscal year 2020 Metro round two are now open and will close on Jan. 27.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations and government entities
- Projects must occur on public lands or waters or lands protected by a permanent conservation easement
- Projects must occur within the 7 county metro area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott or Washington counties) or within the city limits of Duluth, Rochester or St. Cloud
- Competitive grants evaluated with the CPL Evaluation Criteria Table
- Grants from $5,000-$400,000 with a 10% non-state match requirement and a total project cost cap of $575,000
- Projects that protect, restore or enhance forests, wetlands, prairies & habitat for fish, game and wildlife in Minnesota
- Protection projects include fee title and permanent conservation easement acquisitions
- Land acquired in fee must be open to all seasons of hunting and fishing
- Up to 2 rounds of funding (if funding remains from the 1st round).
See the How to Apply Tab for:
- In-kind Information and Rates for Project Match
- Example Partner Commitment Letter
- CPL Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
- CPL grant cycle comparison chart
*A signed Land Manager Review and Approval Form is a required attachment for all applications. The Public Waters Project Form must also be completed and attached if any work will involve public waters.