The DNR has determined that a Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) is required for the Fargo-Moorhead Diverson Authority's revised Flood Risk Management Project.
The DNR will prepare the SEIS to analyze modifications in the revised Fargo Moorhead flood diversion project proposal. The DNR invites comments on the scope of the SEIS through June 11, 2018. The scope will determine what will be evaluated in the SEIS. The supplemental review is not a new EIS. It focuses on aspects of the revised project that were not evaluated in the original EIS. The DNR will conduct the SEIS work concurrently with its review of the Diversion Authority's permit application for the revised project.
Supplemental Environment Impact Statement Preparation Notice
Commenting on the SEIS Scope
The DNR will accept comments on the scope of the SEIS during a 20-day period beginning May 22 and ending June 11, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
A copy of the SEIS is available for public review at:
- DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Rd, St. Paul, MN 55155
- DNR Northwest Region, 2220 Bemidji Ave., Bemidji, MN 55401
- Minneapolis Central Library, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Government Documents, 2nd Floor
- Moorhead Public Library, 118 5th St. S., Moorhead, MN 56560
- Fergus Falls Public Library, 205 E. Hampden, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Fargo Public Library Downtown, 102 3rd St. N., Fargo, ND 58102
Written comments on the scope of the SEIS must be received by Monday, June 11, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
[email protected] with "Fargo-Moorhead SEIS" in the subject line. If using email, please include your name and mailing address to be added to the mailing list.
Comments may be faxed to 651-297-1500.