2018 Permit Application
On March 16, 2018, the DNR received a Dam Safety and Work in Public Waters permit application (2018-0819) from the Diversion Authority for the proposed Fargo-Moorhead Metropolitan Area Flood Risk Management Project.
Supporting technical documents are available by contacting Jason Boyle.
2016 Permit Decision
The DNR denied the Diversion Authority's 2016 Dam Safety and Work in Public Waters permit.
Major considerations in this decision were:
- alternatives to the proposed project that can provide needed flood protection
- lack of consistency with state and local plans
- insufficient mitigation for the project
Findings of Fact Document
Reasoning for the decision can be found in the Findings of Fact document. This is the written explanation of the DNR's decision.
- Review the Findings of Fact document
- Permit Decision Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- DNR Commissioner Landwehr's Permit Decision Article
Pooja Kanwar, Project Manager
Ecological and Water Resources Division
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155