Geographic Information Systems (GIS), GPS, and Remote Sensing are integral to work in the DNR.
The links below lead to applications and information the GIS Section and the State of Minnesota have developed in pursuit of our mission.
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons - A collaborative place for users and publishers of geospatial resources in Minnesota.
- DNR Data Deli - As of Spring, 2015, the DNR Data Deli has migrated to the Minnesota Geospatial Commons (link above).
- DNRGPS Application - Open Source rewrite of the popular DNRGarmin program (works with more GPS models, is compatible with ArcGIS10, 10.1 and 10.2).
- DNRGarmin Application (old) - Application used to transfer and convert data between Garmin GPS handheld receivers and various GIS software packages.
- ArcGIS Resources - Free ArcGIS tools and training developed by MNDNR.