Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle State Recreation Area - Gilbert
- Open May – October 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., seven days a week. After Labor Day hours are reduced to 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- The recreation area is closed during MN fire arms deer hunting season.
- OHV registrations are required at the site. Buy yours online before your trip.
- Use extra caution during your visit, as park staff may not be available to assist with emergency services. For all emergencies dial 911.
- Camping is not allowed at the OHV Recreation Area. Please call the office at 218-735-3830 if you have questions. It may take 24-48 hours for calls to be returned.
Come and experience Minnesota's premier off-highway vehicle recreation area, located in Gilbert.
With 36 miles of OHV trails, whether you ride an ATV, an OHM, or an ORV, there is something for you!
Trails range from Easy to More Difficult to Most Difficult.
Gas, restrooms, food, and lodging are all available in nearby Gilbert.
St. Louis County
East from the city of Gilbert on Highway 135; entrance is on Enterprise Trail
Iron Range OHV SRA
7196 Pettit Road
Gilbert, MN 55741
The park is fully accessible
Safe riding requirements
ATV safety certificate (Required if born after July 1, 1987)
OHM safety certificate (Required if under the age of 16)
ORV safety certificate (Recommended for persons 16 or older)