- The Xerces Society
- North American Pollinator Protection Campaign and Pollinator Partnership
- The University of Minnesota Bee Lab
- Restoring the Landscape blog and "Pollinators of Native Plants" (book) from Minnesota photographer/landscaper Heather Holm
- DNR Pollinator Best Management Practices and Habitat Restoration Guidelines
Pollinator-Friendly Plant Lists for Minnesota
- Minnesota DNR's draft Pollinator Resource Values for Upland & Wetland Prairies tables (single page format) and printable booklet (formatted for two-sided printing on 8.5" x 14" paper)
- Xerces Society Plant Lists
- University of Minnesota's Plants for Pollinators
Gardening Resources, Restoration Funding & Restoration Evaluation
- Xerces Society.
- Heather Holm. Restoring the Landscape blog and "Pollinators of Native Plants" (book) .
- List of projects from the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources. See Incorporating Pollinator Habitat into Conservation Projects for funding options.
Citizen Science Opportunities for Pollinator Research
Please contact Nicole Gerjets (651-259-5444), a bee specialist with the DNR's Minnesota Biological Survey, if you would like to apply for a volunteer position. There are also many citizen science opportunities, such as:
- Wild Ones Oak Openings Region Chapter Report your monarch butterfly sightings
- UMN & Karen Oberhauser Monarch Larva Monitoring Project
- UMN & Elaine Evans Minnesota Bumble Bee Survey.
- UMN & Joel Gardner Wild Bees and Building Wild Bee Houses
Pollinator Education and Outreach
- Jan Welsh. DNR. Project Wild: pollinator curriculum.
- What's the Buzz about Pollinators and Roadsides? poster.
- List of Actions for Local City Planners
Pollinator Reports and Legislation
- Xerces Society. Pollinator Conservation in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture. 2013 Pollinator Legislation page .
- Board of Water and Soil Resources. See BWSR Pollinator Plan
- Minnesota Statute 84.973 Pollinator Habitat Program
DNR Research About Pollinators
- Catherine Reed. DNR. Surveys in the 1990s. Reports from 1993, 1995, and 1996.
- Nicole Gerjets (Minnesota Biological Survey) native bees of grasslands and forests website.
- Scott Haire, Science Museum of Minnesota permit to collect through the DNR. Permit to conduct surveys for Perdita perpallida at Grey Cloud Dunes SNA in 2013.
- Kyle Johnson. Minnesota Biological Survey. Surveys for butterflies and moths in Minnesota prairies.
Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources (LCCMR) -
Funded Pollinator Projects
Click on topic below to reveal more information. Click again to hide.
- LCCMR Pollinator Projects (starting July 1, 2013)
- Marla Spivak. UMN. LCCMR 2012 proposal: 002-A-Bee Lawns: A Unique Way to Help Pollinators . (funding ends June 2016)
- LCCMR Pollinator Projects (starting July 1, 2014)
- Gerda Nordquist, Crystal Boyd. MNDNR. 006-A Wild Bee Surveys in Prairie-Grassland Habitats
- Erik Runquist, Robert Dana. Minnesota Zoo. 017-A Prairie Butterfly Conservation, Research and Breeding Program
- Matt Holland. Pheasants Forever. 072-C Minnesota Pollinator Partnership
- Peter Moe. UMN Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. 073-C Bee Discovery Center at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Marla Spivak, Clarence Lehman, Colleen Satyshur. UMN. 146-F Achieving Pollinator Landscapes with the Greatest Multiple Benefits (title changed to: Enhancing Pollinator Landscapes)
- Vera Krischik. UMN. 151-F Protecting Bees by Understanding Systemic Insecticides
- Summary of the current LCCMR pollinator projects recommended for funding.
- LCCMR Pollinator Projects Recommended for Funding (starting July 1, 2015)
- Rob Blair. Minnesota Master Naturalists/Bell Museum/DNR. 011-A Minnesota Native Bee Atlas: A Citizen Science Project .
- Buck Wiley, Sarah Foltz Jordan. Great River Greening/Xerces Society. 121-F MeCC VIII: Restoration for Climate Resilience, Pollinators, Working Lands .
- Karen Oberhauser. UMN. 009-A Effects of Grazing Versus Fire for Prairie Management (including Pollinators)