- The Xerces Society
- North American Pollinator Protection Campaign.
- The University of Minnesota Bee Lab
- Restoring the Landscape blog and "Pollinators of Native Plants" (book) from Minnesota photographer/landscaper Heather Holm
- DNR Pollinator Best Management Practices and Habitat Restoration Guidelines
Pollinator-Friendly Plant Lists for Minnesota
- Minnesota DNR's draft Pollinator Resource Values for Upland & Wetland Prairies tables (single page format) and printable booklet (formatted for two-sided printing on 8.5" x 14" paper)
- Xerces Society pollinator plant list for the Great Lakes Region and the Northern Plains Region
- University of Minnesota's Plants for Pollinators
Gardening Resources, Restoration Funding & Restoration Evaluation
- Lawns to Legumes: Your Yard Can BEE The Change
- Xerces Society.
- Heather Holm. Restoring the Landscape blog and "Pollinators of Native Plants" (book) .
- List of projects from the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources.
Citizen Science Opportunities for Pollinator Research
Please contact Nicole Gerjets (651-259-5699), a bee specialist with the DNR's Minnesota Biological Survey, if you would like to apply for a volunteer position. There are also many citizen science opportunities, such as:
- Wild Ones Oak Openings Region Chapter Report your monarch butterfly sightings
- UMN & Karen Oberhauser Monarch Larva Monitoring Project
- UMN & Elaine Evans Minnesota Bumble Bee Survey.
- UMN & Joel Gardner Wild Bees and Building Wild Bee Houses
Pollinator Education and Outreach
Pollinator Reports and Legislation
- Xerces Society. Pollinator Conservation in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Board of Water and Soil Resources. See BWSR Pollinator Initiative
- Minnesota Statute 84.973 Pollinator Habitat Program
DNR Research About Pollinators
- Catherine Reed. DNR. Surveys in the 1990s. Reports from 1993, 1995, and 1996.
- Nicole Gerjets (Minnesota Biological Survey) native bees of grasslands and forests website.
- Scott Haire, Science Museum of Minnesota permit to collect through the DNR. Permit to conduct surveys for Perdita perpallida at Grey Cloud Dunes SNA in 2013.
- Kyle Johnson. Minnesota Biological Survey. Surveys for butterflies and moths in Minnesota prairies.
Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources (LCCMR) -
Funded Pollinator Projects
Click on topic below to reveal more information. Click again to hide.
- LCCMR Pollinator Projects (starting July 1, 2013)
- Marla Spivak. UMN. LCCMR 2012 proposal: 002-A-Bee Lawns: A Unique Way to Help Pollinators . (funding ends June 2016)
- LCCMR Pollinator Projects (starting July 1, 2014)
- Gerda Nordquist, Crystal Boyd. MNDNR. 006-A Wild Bee Surveys in Prairie-Grassland Habitats
- Erik Runquist, Robert Dana. Minnesota Zoo. 017-A Prairie Butterfly Conservation, Research and Breeding Program
- Matt Holland. Pheasants Forever. 072-C Minnesota Pollinator Partnership
- Peter Moe. UMN Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. 073-C Bee Discovery Center at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Marla Spivak, Clarence Lehman, Colleen Satyshur. UMN. 146-F Achieving Pollinator Landscapes with the Greatest Multiple Benefits (title changed to: Enhancing Pollinator Landscapes)
- Vera Krischik. UMN. 151-F Protecting Bees by Understanding Systemic Insecticides
- Summary of the current LCCMR pollinator projects recommended for funding.
- LCCMR Pollinator Projects Recommended for Funding (starting July 1, 2015)
- Rob Blair. Minnesota Master Naturalists/Bell Museum/DNR. 011-A Minnesota Native Bee Atlas: A Citizen Science Project .
- Buck Wiley, Sarah Foltz Jordan. Great River Greening/Xerces Society. 121-F MeCC VIII: Restoration for Climate Resilience, Pollinators, Working Lands .
- Karen Oberhauser. UMN. 009-A Effects of Grazing Versus Fire for Prairie Management (including Pollinators)