A Minnesota Water Primer and Project WET Companion
A publication produced by the Division of Ecological and Water Resources, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
Download the complete book (8.25 MB, 147 pages)
Who Should Read This Book?
Water Ways is specifically designed for use by classroom teachers, informal educators, and anyone interested in learning about water in Minnesota.
If you’re a Project WET educator, you’ll find this book to be a handy supplement to the information and activities presented in the national Project WET K–12 Curriculum and Activity Guide. Check each chapter and the links on this page for resources including: suggested Project WET lessons, Minnesota activity adaptations, career profiles, field trip suggestions, and activity suggestions.
Whatever your interests and needs, we hope you find within these pages a rich opportunity for building knowledge and stewardship of Minnesota’s waters. If particular parts are exceptionally helpful, or if you have suggestions for future editions, please contact us at www.mndnr.gov/projectwet/.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Water Basics
- Chapter 2: Minnesota Waters: Atmosphere, Rivers, Lakes (2.8 MB)
- Chapter 3: Minnesota Waters: Wetlands and Groundwater
- Chapter 4: Life in Water
- Chapter 5: Using Water
- Chapter 6: Harm and Hope (1.35 MB)
- Chapter 7: Governing Water
- A Minnesota Water Timeline
- Career profiles from Water Ways
- Classroom Connections from Water Ways (activity suggestions)
- Out and About from Water Ways (field trip suggestions)