Phased reopening of overnight facilities begins June 1
Check the schedule. Click through to a location's Visitor Alert to see details on specific sites and services.
Over a thousand miles of horse trails wind through Minnesota state parks and forests, and thirteen state parks offer campgrounds equipped for you and your trusty steed. All sites have access to toilet facilities and many have optional electric hook-ups.
- Regular Season is typically May 1 to November 1. Check with park to verify end-of-season dates.
- Off-Season CLOSED. Dates vary by park. Check with park for details.
- Check-in: 4 p.m. (sites may be available earlier)
- Check-out: 4 p.m.
- Bathrooms: Water and toilet facilities are available
- Capacity: Up to six people, one tent/RV per site
- Cooking: All sites have a picnic table and fire ring with grill for cooking
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota allows only approved firewood on DNR lands.
- Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash of not more than six feet and personally attended at all times
- Quiet Hours: From 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Rates and locations
- Rate is per site, per night, and includes tax.
- Add $8/night for sites with electricity.
|Camden State Park||$22|
|Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park||$24||$8|
|Fort Ridgely State Park||$24||$8|
|Glacial Lakes State Park||$22|
|Lake Carlos State Park||$22||$8|
|Lake Bronson State Park |
* Group camping by special permit only. Contact the park for more information.
|Lake Louise State Park||$22|
|Maplewood State Park||$22|
|Mille Lacs Kathio State Park||$22|
|Minnesota Valley SRA||$22|
|Sibley State Park||$22|
|St. Croix State Park||$24||$8|
|Upper Sioux Agency State Park||$22||$8|
|Wild River State Park||$24||$8|
Horse Trail Pass
Each person needs their own signed Horse Trail Pass and must carry it in their immediate possession. Passes are required on horse trails in state parks, state recreation areas, state trails, and state forests.
Make a Reservation
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m.
A non-refundable reservation fee ($10.00 for call center/$7.00 for web) is charged for each advance reservation. There is no reservation fee for same-day campsite reservations. The reservation fee (if applicable) and camping fees for the entire length of stay must be paid when the reservation is made.