Experience the fun of casting into the water and the excitement of a tug on the line! These hands-on programs teach all of the basics, from fish identification to casting. You and your family will be ready to begin a lifetime of memories on Minnesota’s lakes and streams.
- Hands-on instruction from skilled anglers.
- Designed especially for first-time anglers.
- All equipment is provided.
- Each participant will receive a small tackle box to take home with them.
- No experience necessary.
- Programs last approximately two hours.
- Ages five and older. Participants under age 18 must be accompanied by a registered participant, parent or legal guardian.
- $7 for adults, children under 12 are free (with a registered adult).
- Advance registration is required.
- A vehicle permit is required to enter all Minnesota state parks. ($7/day or $35/year). One-day vehicle permits ($7 value) are included with all I Can! programs where a permit is required.
- Fishing licenses not required for this program.
Ready to sign up? Reserve now!
|Sat., June 8||1-3 p.m.||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sun., June 9||1-3 p.m.||Whitewater State Park|
|Mon., June 10||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Fri., June 14||1:00-3:00 p.m.||Afton State Park|
|Sun., June 16||Noon - 2 p.m.||Sibley State Park|
|Fri., June 21||10 a.m. - Noon||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Mon., June 24||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Fri., June 28||2-4 p.m.||William O'Brien State Park|
|Sat., June 29||10 a.m. - Noon||Jay Cooke State Park|
|Mon., July 1||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Mon., July 8||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Thu., July 11||10:00 a.m.-Noon||Afton State Park|
|Fri., July 12||2-4 p.m.||William O'Brien State Park|
|Sat., July 13||Noon - 2 p.m.||Sibley State Park|
|Sun., July 14||1-3 p.m.||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sun., July 14||1-3 p.m.||Whitewater State Park|
|Sat., July 20||10 a.m. - Noon||Jay Cooke State Park|
|Mon., July 22||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Wed., July 24||10 a.m. - Noon||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sun., Aug. 4||10:00 a.m. - Noon||William O'Brien State Park|
|Mon., Aug. 5||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Thurs., Aug. 8||1-3 p.m.||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sat., Aug. 10||10 a.m. - Noon||Jay Cooke State Park|
|Sat., Aug. 10||Noon - 2 p.m.||Sibley State Park|
|Sun., Aug. 11||1-3 p.m.||Whitewater State Park|
|Fri., Aug. 16||10:00 a.m.-Noon||Afton State Park|
|Sat., Aug. 17||10 a.m. – Noon||Fort Snelling State Park|
Preregistration is required for all I Can Fish! programs.
Early registration is recommended, as these programs tend to fill up fast. Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day sign up online now! Or, if you prefer to sign up by phone, call us toll-free, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. daily (excluding holidays): 866-857-2757.
All programs are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or hazardous conditions. Cancellations for I Can Fish! programs can be made up to one week prior to the program.