I Can! programs have ended for the season.
Check back in the spring for the 2018 schedule!
Show your kids the fun of casting into the water and the excitement when there's a tug on the line! These hands-on programs teach all of the basics, from fish identification to casting. You and your family will be ready to begin a lifetime of memories on Minnesota’s lakes and streams.
- All equipment is provided.
- Small group sizes – you’ll get the attention you need to develop your skills.
- Each participant will receive a small tackle box to take home with them.
- No experience necessary.
- Great for families!
- Hands-on instruction from experienced anglers.
- Designed especially for first-time anglers.
- Programs last approximately two hours.
- Ages five and older. Participants under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- $7 for adults, children under 12 are free.
- Advance registration is required.
- A vehicle permit is required to enter all Minnesota state parks. ($7/day or $35/year). One-day vehicle permits ($7 value) are included with all I Can! programs where a permit is required.
- Fishing licenses not required for this program.
Sign Up Now!
Preregistration is required for all I Can Fish! programs.
Early registration is recommended, as these programs tend to fill up fast.
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day sign up online now!
Or, if you prefer to sign up by phone, call us toll-free, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. daily (excluding holidays): 866-857-2757.
All programs are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or hazardous conditions. Cancellations for I Can Fish! programs can be made up to one week prior to the program.
More about fishing