Experience the fun of casting into the water and the excitement of a tug on the line! These hands-on programs teach all of the basics, from fish identification to casting. You and your family will be ready to begin a lifetime of memories on Minnesota’s lakes and streams.
- Hands-on instruction from skilled anglers.
- Designed especially for first-time anglers.
- All equipment is provided.
- Each participant will receive a small tackle box to take home with them.
- No experience necessary.
- Programs last approximately two hours.
- Ages five and older. Participants under age 18 must be accompanied by a registered participant, parent or legal guardian.
- $7 for adults, children under 12 are free (with a registered adult).
- Advance registration is required.
- A vehicle permit is required to enter all Minnesota state parks. ($7/day or $35/year). One-day vehicle permits ($7 value) are included with all I Can! programs where a permit is required.
- Fishing licenses not required for this program.
Ready to sign up? Reserve now!
|Sat., June 8||1-3 p.m.||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sun., June 9||1-3 p.m.||Whitewater State Park|
|Mon., June 10||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Fri., June 14||1:00-3:00 p.m.||Afton State Park|
|Sun., June 16||Noon - 2 p.m.||Sibley State Park|
|Fri., June 21||10 a.m. - Noon||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Mon., June 24||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Fri., June 28||2-4 p.m.||William O'Brien State Park|
|Sat., June 29||10 a.m. - Noon||Jay Cooke State Park|
|Mon., July 1||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Mon., July 8||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Thu., July 11||10:00 a.m.-Noon||Afton State Park|
|Fri., July 12||2-4 p.m.||William O'Brien State Park|
|Sat., July 13||Noon - 2 p.m.||Sibley State Park|
|Sun., July 14||1-3 p.m.||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sun., July 14||1-3 p.m.||Whitewater State Park|
|Sat., July 20||10 a.m. - Noon||Jay Cooke State Park|
|Mon., July 22||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Wed., July 24||10 a.m. - Noon||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sun., Aug. 4||10:00 a.m. - Noon||William O'Brien State Park|
|Mon., Aug. 5||9:30-11:30 a.m.||Itasca State Park|
|Thurs., Aug. 8||1-3 p.m.||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sat., Aug. 10||10 a.m. - Noon||Jay Cooke State Park|
|Sat., Aug. 10||Noon - 2 p.m.||Sibley State Park|
|Sun., Aug. 11||1-3 p.m.||Whitewater State Park|
|Fri., Aug. 16||10:00 a.m.-Noon||Afton State Park|
|Sat., Aug. 17||10 a.m. – Noon||Fort Snelling State Park|
Preregistration is required for all I Can Fish! programs.
Early registration is recommended, as these programs tend to fill up fast. Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day sign up online now! Or, if you prefer to sign up by phone, please contact the DNR Information Center.
All programs are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or hazardous conditions. Cancellations for I Can Fish! programs can be made up to one week prior to the program.