The Zuya Group Center is closed in 2023-2024. Major maintenance and construction projects are underway. We expect to begin taking reservations for the 2025 season in 2024.
Call the park directly to make a reservation: 507-763-3256. The group center cannot be reserved through the Minnesota state park reservation system.
The Zuya Group Center was built in 1940 by the Works Progress Administration as part of President Roosevelt's New Deal programs during the Great Depression. The group center overlooks Lake Shetek, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is available for rent from mid-May to the end of September. The maximum occupancy is 84 people.
- Dining Hall: This building includes a commercial kitchen and dining area with a fireplace and seating for 96.
- Cabins: Three cabins sleep 24 people each. Each cabin is made up of two larger rooms on each end of the building, with five twin-size bunkbeds in each room and a smaller center room with two twin-size bunkbeds.
- Recreation Hall: A building with a large room for group activities with a stone fireplace at one end. There is a smaller room with six twin-size bunkbeds that sleep 12 people.
- Bathroom/showers: Separate bathroom and shower rooms for men and women. Two are accessible.
- Other features: Horseshoe pits and volleyball court (equipment can be checked out at the park office), bean bag toss boards, council ring with central fire pit, large fire ring located near the dining hall with cooking grates, picnic tables and vault toilet.
- Overnight: Minimum charge of $392 per night including tax, for up to 64 people. There is a charge of $5 per person per night over 64 people.
- Day use: $205 per day including tax, for time after or before the normal checkout or check-in.
The dining hall and one cabin have accessible entrances. The bathroom building has two individual accessible bathroom/shower rooms. Accessible pathways connect the parking area, bathroom building, dining hall and one cabin. Call the park for more information about accessibility.
The large kitchen offers:
- Commercial stove with six burners
- Two ovens and a griddle
- Walk-in cooler, upright freezer and refrigerator
- Microwave, coffee pot, toaster
- Cookware, plates, cups, utensils
- Stainless steel work/serving tables and sinks
- Six large portable fans
- Dish and hand soap, towels, dish cloths, sponges, etc.
- Brooms, dustpans, mops and buckets
- Toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags
- Bathroom and kitchen cleansers, wood floor cleaner
Remember to bring
- Sleeping bags or other bedding
- Additional fans if desired
Arrival and departure
Check-in: 4 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Each group is responsible for cleaning the camp before checkout.
Park staff will inspect that everything is clean prior to 11 a.m. on checkout day. Make sure everything is clean and personal items have been removed from the buildings before calling for inspection. A cleaning checklist is included in your reservation packet information and posted on the kitchen wall. If additional cleaning is needed, groups may be charged an additional $50 per hour per staff person needed to prepare for the next group. Note that staff may not be available to clean the group center.
With an additional day use charge, you may arrange different check-in and checkout times, if the camp is available.
|IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY CALL 911|