Call the park directly to make a reservation up to one year in advance: 320-347-7810. The group center cannot be reserved through the Minnesota state park reservation system.
The group center is in the center of the park, in a private area off the road toward Mount Tom. It has a mess/dining hall, a split level house that serves as staff quarters, seven barracks, a craft building and a restroom/shower building. Available seasonally, between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. Maximum overnight capacity of 112 people. Sleeping quarters all have electricity, but no heat or electricity.
- Mess hall: This building includes a commercial kitchen, walk in cooler, dishwasher and dining hall with rustic tables and benches.
- Staff quarters: The split level house sleeps 14 in twin beds. Four bedrooms, a living room with desk and chairs, a half bath and two full bathrooms with individual showers.
- Crafts building: A one-room building with tables, chairs and many windows. Suitable for dancing, arts and crafts, a presentation space and more.
- Barracks: Seven barracks buildings. Each sleeps 14 and has two rooms with three bunkbeds and a middle room with one bunkbed. Each barracks has one bunkbed with a full bed under a twin.
- Bathroom/showers: Separate bathroom and shower rooms for men and women.
- Other features: Fire ring, picnic tables, grill, volleyball court.
- (2023) Up to 72 campers: $360 + tax per night (this is the minimum per night charge).
- (2023) Over 72 campers: $5 + tax per additional person per night.
- (2024) Up to 82 campers: $410 + tax per night (this is the minimum per night charge).
- (2024) Over 82 campers: $5 + tax per additional person per night.
- (2023) $216 + tax , including utilities.
- (2023) Pre- or post-camp time for program leaders to prepare or break down the space is billed at the daily rate of $216 + tax. This rate only applies if less than 10% of the group is on site to set up before the event or to clean afterwards.
- (2024) $250 + tax , including utilities.
- (2024) Pre- or post-camp time for program leaders to prepare or break down the space is billed at the daily rate. This rate only applies if less than 10% of the group is on site to set up before the event or to clean afterwards.
There are accessible entrances to the mess hall and the bathroom/shower building. For more information about accessibility, please contact the park.
The large kitchen offers:
- Commercial stove with two ovens
- Six burners and a griddle
- Walk-in cooler, freezer and refrigerator
- Commercial dishwasher
- Cookware, dishes, utensils
- Two window air conditioners
- Stainless steel work/serving tables
- Pantry/storage room with shelves
- Half bath
- Brooms, dustpans, mops and buckets
Remember to bring
- Sleeping bags or other bedding
- Coffee pot, toaster, outdoor grill
- Dish and hand soap, towels, dish cloths, sponges
- Paper towels, trash bags (13 and 39 gallon sizes)
- Toilet bowl cleaner and brushes
- Non-abrasive cleaner
Arrival and departure
Check-in: Between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Contact the park well in advance to arrange late check-in if you will be arriving after 5 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Each group is responsible for cleaning the camp before checkout.
Park staff will inspect that everything is clean at the scheduled time - generally 10 a.m. on checkout day. This process takes approximately one hour. Make sure everything is clean and personal items have been removed from the buildings before inspection. A cleaning checklist is included in your reservation packet information.
|IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY CALL 9-911|