A bit of history, a bit of tradition, a bit of adventure...try camping in a tipi, and you'll get all three! Each tipi is 18 feet in diameter and has a cedar deck inside. Want another option? How about trying a wall tent?
- Regular Season: Tipi sites typically late May to late October; wall tent mid-April to October.
- Off-Season: closed
- Check-in: 4 p.m. (sites may be available earlier)
- Check-out: 4 p.m.
- Bathrooms: Water and toilet facilities are available
- Tipis up to six people.
- Wall tent dimensions are 10 by 12 feet. The wall tent capacity is very tight, when using six cots.
- Remember to bring sleeping bags, sleeping mats, cots or other bedding.
- Contact park staff for suggestions.
- Cooking: Campfires, candles, or other open flames are not allowed inside tipis or wall tents. Picnic tables and fire rings with grills for cooking are provided outside.
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota allows only approved firewood on DNR lands.
- Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash of not more than six feet and personally attended at all times. Pets are not allowed inside tipis, wall tents, or other buildings, lodging facilities, or beach areas.
- Quiet Hours: From 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Rates and locations
|Blue Mounds State Park||Tipi||$30||$35|
|Myre-Big Island State Park||Wall tent||$30||$35|
|Upper Sioux Agency State Park||Tipi||$30||$35|
Make a Reservation
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m.
A non-refundable reservation fee ($10.00 for call center/$7.00 for web) is charged for each advance reservation. There is no reservation fee for same-day campsite reservations. The reservation fee (if applicable) and camping fees for the entire length of stay must be paid when the reservation is made.