Be sure to check the current conditions before heading out
Weather conditions may cause partial and/or temporary closure of roads, trails and recreational facilities. Since conditions can change quickly, we advise you to check the individual state park, state trail, or state forest web pages. Or you can call the DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157 or toll-free 888-646-6367 for the latest information.
Temporary road and trail closures are updated Thursdays after 2 p.m.
Temporary closures along trails
State water trails
- At "very high" water levels, conditions are dangerous and river travel should not be attempted.
- For local conditions about a state water trail, check the river level map or contact your local area DNR office.
- State water trails
- Check for a visitor alert on the wildlife management area where you're hunting.
- Check with the area wildlife office nearest to your hunting location.
State parks, recreation areas and state trails
For information about temporary or localized closures within a particular state park or along a state trail, check its Visitor Alert or Trail Notes.
- County contact information - For information on roads and trails on county land, please contact the county directly.
Public water accesses and fishing piers
The DNR recommends contacting the nearest DNR area office for more information about whether specific accesses are open or closed.
Snow depth and winter trail conditions
- Snow depth and winter trail conditions - runs seasonally