This accessible facility provides both a public boat access location and a small craft harbor. The Minnesota DNR developed the facility in partnership with the US Army Corps of Engineers and in cooperation with St. Louis County, the City of Duluth, and Duluth and Lakewood Townships.
- Four ramps, 50’ x 14’ with 5-foot minimum depth at ramp ends
- Four docks; two in the ramp area and two staging/emergency mooring docks
- Kayak launch in southwest corner
- Paved parking for 60 car/trailers
- Public restrooms (seasonal). Portable restrooms available year around
- Three acre small craft harbor basin behind breakwaters. Basin depth is 8-foot minimum entry and main basin: 5-foot depth at dock and ramp ends
- Interpretive kiosk
- Accessible pedestrian tunnel under the highway
- Accessibile shore fishing platform on the east breakwater
- Accessible breakwater walk and viewing area
- Red navigation light on east breakwater light #16492
- Restaurant and lodging in the vicinity
10.5 miles from the Duluth Harbor Entry and 9 miles SW of Knife River.
Approximate GPS Coordinates:
Lat 46° 52.48 Lon 91° 55.12