The following are past and present year DNR legislative initiatives. We will update these initiatives throughout the legislative session.
Text MNDNR LEGISLATIVE to 468311 to subscribe to text updates.
2020 DNR legislative initiatives
Governor Walz released bonding proposals to make critical investments across the state.
- Public safety and asset preservation projects
- Asset Preservation
- Betterment of Buildings
- Wildfire Aviation Infrastructure
- Dam Safety Repair, Reconstruction, or Removal
- Flood Hazard Mitigation Grant Assistance Program
- Quality of life projects
- Natural Resources Acquisition and Betterment of Public Lands
- Improving Accessibility to State Parks and Recreation Areas
- Lake Vermilion Soudan Underground Mine State Park Campgrounds
- Parks and Trails Local and Regional Grant Program
- Community Tree Planting Grants
For more information, go to the Build One Minnesota page on the Governor's website.
Click on titles below to show information. Click again to hide.
- 2019 DNR legislative initiatives
- Summary of Funding and Policy Priorities
- 10-Year Capital Asset Needs Report
- 2019 Capital Request Fact Sheet
- Electronic Notice Fact Sheet
- Game and Fish Budget Oversight Fact Sheet
- 2019 Policy and Technical Fact Sheet
- 2018 Policy and Technical Fact Sheet
- Lands Bill Fact Sheet
- Threatened Endangered Species Policy Fact Sheet
- Silica Sand Reclamation Rules Fact Sheet
- Permanent School Fund Fact Sheet
- 2018 DNR legislative initiatives
- 2017 DNR legislative initiatives
- DNR by the Numbers
- Minnesota Resident Fees
- Game and Fish Fund Natural Resources Fund
- DNR Budget Summary
- Eco Waters Budget Summary
- Enforcement Budget Summary
- Fish and Wildlife Budget Summary
- Forestry Budget Summary
- Operations Support Budget Summary
- Outdoor Recreation Fees Summary
- Parks and Trails Budget Summary
- 2016 DNR legislative initiatives
- 2015 DNR legislative initiatives
- 2014 DNR legislative initiatives
- 2013 DNR legislative initiatives
- 2012 DNR legislative initiatives
- 2011 DNR legislative initiatives
- 2010 DNR legislative initiatives
- 2009 DNR legislative initiatives
The legislature can delegate authority to state agencies to make rules necessary to carry out the purpose of statutorily assigned duties.
General Legislative Information
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Bill tracker - Minnesota State Legislature
- Legislative Reference Library
- Subscribe to session weekly or Phone Numbers: 651-296-2146 or 800-657-3550 or the Minnesota Relay service at 711 or 800-627-3529 (TTY)
Contact Bob Meier, Assistant Commissioner for Policy and Government Relations at 651-259-5024 or [email protected].