Written notice of the option to contribute to the Nongame Wildlife Fund "Checkoff" is now required by Minnesota Statutes 270C.445 Subd.5a
- A tax preparer must give written notice of the option to contribute to the nongame wildlife fund
- Corporate and individual clients that file an income tax return or property tax refund claim form
- The notice must be included with preliminary worksheets or organizer sent to clients
- Include a line for the amount of contribution
- Effective starting the 2005 tax season
A free and easy solution for tax preparers
The DNR Nongame Wildlife Program is pleased to offer Checkoff Post-it Pads free to tax preparers. Use them on worksheets and organizers sent out to your clients. This free and easy to use post-it pledge reminder fulfills the new requirement for notification.
Note: Actual color of the post-it pads will vary.
To order your free post-it pads:
Send us an email with your:
- name and/or company
- complete address and phone number (no P.O. Box numbers)
- quantity of pads (50 notes per pad)
Please call 651-259-5148 if you have questions.
Free posters are no longer available.
Thank you for your support. The majority of funding for the DNR Nongame Wildlife Program comes from Checkoff donations at tax time. We use this money to restore habitats, survey and monitor species populations, offer technical guidance, conduct outreach and education, and run the Eagle and Falcon cams. Every dollar donated goes directly to helping us preserve and protect Minnesota's wildlife!