Please submit your field data about watercourse composition. This dataset provides a more accurate picture of how Minnesota’s watercourses have changed through time. It helps water resource professionals:
- Provide a scalable history of public water resource activities
- Organize, store and share professionally collected field data
- Provide basic watercourse morphology metrics with supporting field evidence
- Apply adaptive and natural systems strategies into resource management
- Quantify change through time
- Improve public infrastructure projects
- Foster transparency, professional growth and collaboration
The Channel Morphology Dataset Application will provide statewide access for watercourse field data. As contributions increase, the dataset will grow. This includes form and composition information. Form includes cross sections, profiles, restoration designs and photos. Composition includes pebble counts, sieve samples and photos.
Send watercourse form and composition information to [email protected]. Please include supporting field evidence (files, field notes, survey points, etc.).
The application is in development. Once available, you can submit information through the application.
When the application is available, you will be able to view and download information for specific watercourses.
- Minnesota's hydraulic geometry curves
- FEMA Hydraulic Model Download Application
- Geomorphic Approach to Infrastructure Design
- E-Channel Calculator