Silviculture field tip sheets are used to share and communicate successful field practices considered useful for statewide application. New tip sheet ideas and examples can be sent to your region and statewide program leader.
- Hardwood planting for CRP: recommendations and experiences of field foresters
- Protect pine tree seedlings from deer browsing with paper caps
- Use of panama paint guns
- How to prune for white pine blister rust
- Minimizing gypsy moth damage
- Protect oak tree seedlings from deer browsing using balloons for budcaps
- Protect oak seedlings from deer browsing with paper caps
- Mechanical site scarification and seedbed preparation using a salmon blade
If you have a practice you think would be useful to others, discuss it with your region silviculture program leader for development and posting as a silviculture field tip sheet.