Washington and Ramsey counties, along with portions of Anoka and Hennepin counties have been designated as the North and East Metro Groundwater Management Area (GWMA).
This designation allows a more comprehensive and focused approach to ensuring that groundwater supplies remain adequate to meet human needs, while protecting lakes, streams and wetlands.
North & East Metro GWMA Advisory Team Meeting
Friday, May 31, 2019
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Oakdale Discovery Center
4444 Hadley Ave. N.
Oakdale, MN 55128
The public is invited to attend.
North & East Metro GWMA Plan
This plan will guide the DNR's efforts to manage groundwater appropriations sustainably in this area over the next five years.
A groundwater model for the North and East Metro Groundwater Management Area was developed to help understand how pumping affects aquifers and lake levels within the area. The report is available for review.
Advisory Team Meeting Information
Project Updates and Information
- Timing of Implementation Activities
- GIS Analysis of Groundwater Influenced Shallow Wetlands in Anoka Sand Plain
- Project Updates
- White Bear Lake Lawsuit Settlement - February 2015
- Average Groundwater Use in the North & East Metro GWMA
- Observation Well Network Information
Send questions to [email protected].