Washington and Ramsey counties, along with portions of Anoka and Hennepin counties have been designated as the North and East Metro Groundwater Management Area (GWMA).
This designation allows a more comprehensive and focused approach to ensuring that groundwater supplies remain adequate to meet human needs, while protecting lakes, streams and wetlands.
Friday, May 29, 2020
9:00 am to 11:00 am
Online Meeting: Webex
United States Toll: +1-415-655-0003
Access code: 962 801 989
Advisory Team Meeting Resources
- Agenda for May 29, 2020
- Permitting and Water Supply Plan Update
- Implementation Plan Activities Update
- Implementation Plan Status Update in Gantt Chart
- Water Conservation Report Summaries for Public Water Suppliers
- Evaluation and Feedback form following the Advisory Team meeting
The public are invited to attend.
Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the event, please contact Dan Miller at 651-259-5731 or [email protected], or call using your preferred Telecommunications Relay Provider.
North & East Metro GWMA Plan
This plan will guide the DNR's efforts to manage groundwater appropriations sustainably in this area over the next five years.
A groundwater model for the North and East Metro Groundwater Management Area was developed to help understand how pumping affects aquifers and lake levels within the area. The report is available for review.
Advisory Team Meeting Information
Project Updates and Information
- Timing of Implementation Activities
- GIS Analysis of Groundwater Influenced Shallow Wetlands in Anoka Sand Plain
- Project Updates
- Average Groundwater Use in the North & East Metro GWMA
- Observation Well Network Information
- Water Use Permitting and Water Supply Plan Report
Send questions to [email protected].