The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is collecting data and developing a groundwater flow model to evaluate the impacts of pumping on Cold Spring Creek. A groundwater flow model simulates existing groundwater conditions and can be used as a predictive tool to guide future groundwater use.
The DNR will monitor and collect data through 2020. An interim groundwater flow model will be developed in 2018. A final model will be completed in 2021.
Receive meeting notifications and updates about the Cold Spring Groundwater Study.
- Project Overview
- Annual Report to the Legislature - Cover Letter
- Annual Report to the Legislature
- Cold Spring Groundwater Study - Stakeholder Update
Technical Advisory Group
- Dr. Bob Tipping, Minnesota Geological Survey - University of Minnesota
- Mr. Jeppe Kjaersgaard - Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Dr. Jon Walker - United States Geological Survey
- Mr. John Woodside - Minnesota Department of Health
- Mr. Larry Kramka - Houston Engineering (representing Cold Spring Brewing Company)
- Mr. Mark Brigham - United States Geological Survey
- Mr. Mark Janovec - Stantec (representing City of Cold Spring)
- Mr. Mike MacDonald - Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Mr. Perry Jones - United States Geological Survey
- Mr. Richard Soule - Minnesota Department of Health
- Nicola Blake-Bradley, Area Hydrologist