The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is collecting data and developing a groundwater flow model to evaluate the impacts of pumping on Cold Spring Creek. A groundwater flow model simulates existing groundwater conditions and can be used as a predictive tool to guide future groundwater use.
The DNR will monitor and collect data through 2020. An interim groundwater flow model was developed in 2018. A final model will be completed by 2021.
Technical Advisory Group
- Dr. Bob Tipping, Minnesota Geological Survey - University of Minnesota
- Mr. Jeppe Kjaersgaard - Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Mr. John Woodside - Minnesota Department of Health
- Mr. Larry Kramka - Houston Engineering (representing Cold Spring Brewing Company)
- Mr. Mark Janovec - Stantec (representing City of Cold Spring)
- Mr. Mike MacDonald - Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Mr. Richard Soule - Minnesota Department of Health
- Nicola Blake-Bradley, Area Hydrologist