Wetland restorations can keep water on the land for long enough to soak into the soil and add water to aquifers. Bonanza Valley landowners now have a map to understand where they can restore wetlands most likely to recharge aquifers, while providing many other wetland restoration benefits.
The DNR developed the interactive Bonanza Valley GWMA Groundwater Recharge through Restorable Wetlands Map as outlined in the Bonanza Valley Groundwater Management Area plan. It can be found on DNR’s Watershed Health Assessment Framework (WHAF).
Click to open the map below.
(Google Chrome is the recommended browser)
- Use the ‘Add Data’ tool to turn active data layers on and off.
- Click layer name to add data from the ‘All Data Layers’ list.
- Open the ‘Legend’ to see what the symbols mean.
- Change base maps using the options at the bottom of the map.
- Explore the watershed with the Ecological Health Scores.
For more instructions on using the map, open the WHAF Map Tool Guide.