The DNR issued the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (Final SEIS) for the Fargo-Moorhead Flood Risk Management Project on November 13, 2018. The DNR invites public comments on the adequacy of the Final SEIS until 4:30 p.m. Thursday, November 29.
The DNR used public comments on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (Draft SEIS) to determine what revisions were needed on the Final SEIS. The Final SEIS also includes all comments that were received and responses to substantive comments.
The purpose of this public review period (November 14 - November 29) is to solicit comments on the adequacy of the Final SEIS. An Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is declared adequate if it meets three criteria:
- The EIS covered the potentially significant issues and alternatives raised in scoping.
- The EIS provided responses to substantive comments received on the Draft SEIS.
- The EIS was prepared in compliance with the procedures of the Minnesota Environmental Policy Act and associated Minn. R. 4410.0200 to 4410.6500.
Public comments on the Final SEIS should focus on the three criteria for adequacy. The DNR will consider any comments received as part of determining whether the Final SEIS is adequate. If the Final SEIS is determined adequate, environmental review is complete and the DNR would be able to make final decisions on the dam safety/public waters works applications for the project.
Final Supplemental EIS Materials
- Executive Summary
- Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement
- Figures 1-19
- Appendix A: Summary of Public Comments and Response to Comments
- Appendix A - Attachment: Public Comment Letters/Emails
- Appendix B: Alternative Screening Exercise Report
- Appendix C: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hydrology and Hydraulics Report
- Appendix D: Houston-Moore Group FM Diversion Plan B Transportation Master Plan
- Appendix E: FEMA/USACE Coordination Plan
- Appendix F: Flood Diversion Authority Property Rights Acquisition and Mitigation Plan v. 4
- Appendix G: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Adaptive Management and Mitigation Plan
- Appendix H: Plan B Dam Breach Assessment
Written comments on the adequacy of the Final SEIS must be received by Tuesday, November 29, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. Comments may be mailed, emailed or faxed:
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road, Box 25
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Email comments to [email protected]. Include "Fargo-Moorhead FSEIS" in the subject line. Please include your name.
Attn: Jill Townley, Project Manager